Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Post 01 - 10 days til departure

Okay folks here we go. We have never tried anything like this before so we are doing a little "trial run" here. It's "T-10", or 10 days til departure and We're just trying to make sure that what we've got in store for this electronic journal can work with our minimal experience. Electronic journal? maybe we should call it our newfangled journal.

Anyway, we've got the AT&T global Internet card and, according to the coverage map, we should get coverage everywhere we are going on this adventure. As long as we are within 3 miles of shore we are supposed to be connected. So we will have to be in or near port in order to get a new post out. Not much time. That's why we're playing with this so soon.

With 10 days left we are both very excited, like 2 kindergartners looking forward to our first trip to Disneyland. We can't wait and time seems to be stretching, taking forever. Even though we will be leaving behind all of our creature comforts like our own beds and our super comfy chairs !.....

We know we will have something to look forward to when we get back. (Okay, got the chairs in there FINALLY. Maybe we can do this.) We are leaving not only our cares behind but also our loved ones. Our youngest family member, Timothy will be in the capable hands of his loving older brother Sean who has promised to put on a mean face and make loud noises in case of trouble while we're away.

So you can see why we're confident that we can just relax, and enjoy each other and anything that comes along on our trip. Webster's definition #3 of honeymoon is "A period of unusual harmony following the establishment of a new relationship" Even though we are working on a relationship of over 5 years, we are anticipating stretching out this "unusual harmony" throughout this trip - come what may!

9 comments:

Sav Gardiner said...

Sweet Dad i knew you could do this. Blogging isn't so hard after all! pictures look great and the color scheme definitely fits you! Love ya
Squirrly

Anonymous said...

How exciting.. now we just need to get you on Facebook and you will be all up to speed! I hope you really enjoy your honeymoon. We are thinking about doing one of those sometime! Love ya, Britt

p.s. did anyone try pressing the handicap sign under the word you have to enter... haha freaky stuff!

Unknown said...

DENISE! Thanks so much for sending out the blog link. I know you guys will have a great honeymoon and I'm so happy for you both. Color me jealous! :)

I will "Imiss" you (ha ha) while you're gone but I'll be sure to follow you along the way. And Todd - you don't know me, but you've got a sweet and classy gal there and I wish you guys the best! Have a great time!

Jess (aka Batqueen)

emt1gal said...

Ahh, shucks, Jess (and Sav & Brit!!) I cannot WAIT but I'm also nervous & apprehensive AND excited... I've never been on a cruise before - and although I've traveled a bit, I've never been to South America... I don't know what thrills me more: cruising, fresh fish dishes; or seeing penguins!! HA!! UnFORTUNATELY, I've changed a bit... little more like "objects are larger than they appear"... ah, well - hope we are able to keep everyone enthralled with our journey!

Pam Taylor said...

The Blog is a great idea!! Anthony and I are very happy for you - Have fun! Pam

porpoise said...

Geography Lesson Alert! My map shows the continent of South America is shaped - well, kinda like a fried shrimp. Chile and Argentina would be the tail and Uruguay would be the beginning of the meaty breaded portion - on the east side. Now what's this have to do with me? *sheepish look* Was just wondering if you'd be flying into ATL at any point? Hey, this is all about you, not me.

thenexttweety said...

Denise, I am honored to be included in this group who will undoubtedly enjoy your cruise with you! I was fortunate enough to win a weekend cruise to Nassau out of Miami at a land offering we visited once (among many over the years in SoCal!) and that was really a kick we both enjoyed, vowing to do it again sometime. Biggest flaw in such a plan was Darrel had in mind one of those cruises to Alaska, while I was thinking of something more along lines of yours, in the opposite direction! But we compromised by living a few years in the Hawaiian Islands instead! (Grins)

I know you'll have a blast and this will be a great way to share it. I kept a log of a week we spent on a houseboat on Lake Powell with my sis and her family and well as our kids and guests, all adults and teens, which turned out to be fun to do. But that was in the days well before capabilities beyond longhand, so I had to type it up to be distributed to all after we got back! This will be much better!

Thanks again for having me along!

Barb

Todd and Denise said...

Okay - this is (like) the third time I've tried to post something to the comments all ya'll have made... and given the fact that THIS is the THIRD to the last evening I have to post comments in the comfort of my own home, I'm STILL a little skeptical that THIS post will actually make it into the "Postual Hall Of Fame"... but, I am hopeful.

Anywho - I have posted some of THE MOST hilarious retorts to comments made thus far, but I'm a little sketchy on actually "recreating" the hilarity that never "took"; however, I will try to explain how I am feeling (this is Denise, btw) a few days before "shipping out!"

I am nervous, scared & excited... so much so that I have been having dreams of falling overboard with no other provication than just simply leaning against the rail... this can't be good, but I DO think it's only because I've never cruised before.

Okay - since we take off in a few days, I will attempt to use my BS/BA degree to regale you with brilliantly written reparte (sorry - can't do the little tail thing that says "ay") during our trip.

If Todd is the only person blogging shortly after 11/23 - suffice it to say that I probably fell in the "drink" (and not in a good way!)

Chrissy said...

Ricks scars look really nasty, got his staples out today, he can never be a nude model again. i would like to see a snapshot of someone "comfortable" in thier own skin or someone elses.

Love Chrissy and Brent